Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Do You Know Lang Lang?



Last week I tuned a piano for a nice gentleman in Bellingham. Upon entering the home and seeing the piano, he asked "Do you know Lang Lang?" Hmmm.... Do I know Lang Lang? You mean one the most well known concert pianist of our time? The flamboyant, entertaining pianist that's featured on many a documentaries about the piano? That Lang Lang? Yes! I know who Lang Lang is! "Well," my good natured client continued, "the previous owner had this piano in New York. Lang Lang played it and stated it was his most favorite Steinway B in all of New York City." Now folks, we all love our pianos and more especially love a good story that goes with our pianos. But I've learned in my experience that these stories are not always true. I proceeded to prep the piano for tuning keeping my doubts to myself. I lifted the lid and wouldn't you know - Lang Lang signed the inside! 

Well it serves me right this slice of humble pie. All in the day and life of a piano tuner. We never know what we will find under the lid of our next piano. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment